As the tax deadline is soon approaching, you may be wondering what you can deduct from your primary residence. Here is a list of housing-related expenses that may be tax-deductible for your home:
- Property taxes.
- Points that you paid on your mortgage loan.
- Mortgage interest on up to $750,000.
- Loan interest on home equity lines of credit.
- Home improvements required for medical care.
- Energy efficient upgrades to your home.
Of course, check with your local CPA to make sure you qualify for these. If you need a referral to a CPA, please call or email us – we’d be happy to help facilitate!