Lively Alberta Arts District in Northeast Portland, Oregon, Has Something for Everyone
Residents and visitors in search of things to do and see in Portland, Oregon, will be delighted to find distinctive eateries, pubs, and local culture on Alberta Street.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (December 14, 2022) Portland, Ore. – Located 15 minutes from downtown, Portland, Oregon, along NE Alberta Street, the Alberta Arts District is within the Vernon, Concordia, and King neighborhoods. Though “Alberta” by name is not technically recognized as a standalone neighborhood, it is surrounded by established neighborhoods including Woodlawn, Sabin, King, Vernon, Alameda, Sunderland, Cully, and Beaumont-Wilshire. Wandering down NE Alberta’s tree-lined streets, residents and visitors can find colorful murals and historic, wood-framed storefronts that give the entire area a distinctively independent vibe.
“If you’re looking for something entertaining to do over the weekend or the upcoming holidays,” said Paris Group Realty, LLC Owner and Principal Broker, Claire Paris, “I recommend taking your own ‘Alberta Arts Street Tour’ to find unique gifts, great restaurants, and local artwork created right here in Portland.”
“Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and start your journey on an empty stomach,” Claire said. “I love the fact that the Tin Shed Garden Café is canine-friendly, and I can enjoy brunch on their patio with my dog, Bruno. Shops like Green Bean Books, Frock, and Collage have such great gift ideas for my nieces and nephews. It’s so much more fun than shopping online.”
Features of Alberta Street
Here are some of the unique features you’ll find in the Alberta Arts District:
- One of the oldest sections of Portland, the Alberta Arts District has distinct earth tones and motifs quite different from other areas in Portland. It reflects Latino, Asian, and African American heritages, and cultures.
- The Alberta Arts District is a welcoming location for residents and visitors alike. The district’s street festival, Last Thursday, celebrates art, food, and community, and takes place on the last Thursday of every month. Local businesses and restaurants along Alberta Street stay open late for the festival, making it a relaxed and enjoyable event for all who attend.
- There are many newly renovated retail storefronts and restaurants mixed in with older businesses, making it a trendy focus on independent designers, handcrafted items, and one-of-a-kind boutiques.
- Alberta art galleries feature local artists and showcase some of the finest local artwork found in Portland, Oregon.
- You’ll find lots of coffee shops throughout Portland, and Alberta is no exception. Large box retailers and big-name coffee shops are kept at bay to preserve the funky individuality and unique experience found in the district.
- In Alberta Arts District, nearly every business – from restaurants and pubs to retail shopping stores – functions as a gallery with artists being featured on their walls. Here visitors can understand the full nature of this community’s appreciation and devotion to art.
- Most of the shops lining Alberta Street highlight handmade local designer clothing, and arts and crafts supplies including fabric and yarn.
- Many of the area’s small business owners are also its neighbors, and they have a vested interest in making this district work. They are patrons of each other’s establishments, and they recommend one another. In Portland’s Alberta Arts District, businesses situated closely together provide the opportunity to grow and thrive as a group instead of thinking of each other as fierce competitors.
If you’re searching for new property in northeast Portland or thinking about selling your home in the Portland Metro area, contact Paris Group Realty, LLC today and we’ll help you get started!
For more information about the Alberta Arts District and other things to see and do across Portland, visit our Neighborhoods page . To read Paris Group Realty, LLC press releases and news, visit our News page. Follow @parisgrouprealty on Instagram for the latest information about real estate in Portland, Oregon.
About Paris Group Realty, LLC
Paris Group Realty, LLC is an award-winning, innovative real estate agency representing clients in the Portland, Oregon, Metropolitan area. Established in 2004 by Molly and Claire Paris, the company plays an active role in the local community and in educating individuals and families on the value of home ownership and building wealth. Today, Paris Group Realty, LLC, is proud to have helped over 800 families and investors buy or sell properties.
Learn more: parisgrouprealty.com
Company: Paris Group Realty, LLC, 5214 N. Maryland Ave, Portland, OR 97217
Contact: Crystal Minter, Marketing Manager, Tel: (503) 754-3619
Email: [email protected]