Five on Friday: Our Favorite Things, the July Edition
Embracing Summer in the Pacific Northwest: Our Favorite Activities in July
There’s something about summertime in the Pacific Northwest: it’s absolutely the best time to be here. It’s unbelievably beautiful in wine country, on the passes, and up at Mt. Hood. The coast is the perfect getaway to cool off from the city heat. And there are so many activities happening here in town and throughout the surrounding areas. We rounded up five (or so) favorites to share with you.
1. Fourth of July: Looking for a way to celebrate the 4th while watching the fireworks? Here’s a list of the area’s shows, including Fort Vancouver’s show and the Molalla Buckeroo Rodeo.
2. JSO’s Cathedral Park Jazz Festival: Head to Cathedral Park, under St. John’s Bridge, July 14-16, to attend this amazing Portland tradition (and it’s free!).
3. The Big Float: Grab a life jacket, bring a floatie, and jump in the river for The Big Float on July 15. After a beach cleaning party, join 3,000 other people for a fun-filled float along the Willamette River. (Yes; the water is fine.)
4. Noon Tunes: Take your lunch to Pioneer Courthouse Square and enjoy a free concert (and some great people-watching)! Concerts start on Tuesday, July 11.
5. Oregon Brewers Festival: Did you know July is Oregon’s Brewers Month? It’s a full month of craft beer lover events and capped with the Brewers Festival, one of the nation’s longest running beer festivals. If you enjoy craft beer, you won’t be disappointed thanks to the 88 beers assembled from near and far at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, July 26 – 30. Insider’s tip: hit up the festival on the early side to avoid the weekend crowds.
PS: Not into craft beer? If you prefer to have wine wet your whistle, then you should check out the International Pinot Noir Celebration in McMinnville, July 28 – 30.
PSS: Don’t forget about all the concerts and movies in Portland’s parks throughout the summer, making it an ideal and easy way to entertain visiting family and friends.
What’s your favorite in-town activity during July? Or what’s your favorite PNW summer getaway?
Have more questions or want professional advice on buying or selling a home?
Contact us at [email protected] or (503) 926-5213. We’re here to address all your real estate needs!