Five on Friday: Backyard Ready
Prepare Your Outdoor Space for Memorial Day Weekend: 5 Tips to Get Ready
If you’re busy preparing your backyard for Memorial Day weekend guests – or prepping your home to sell this summer – here are five ways to make sure your home’s outdoor space is ready. And thanks to the amazing weather this weekend and the upcoming week, you won’t have to worry about rain interrupting your hard work.
- All Hands on Deck: If you have a deck, it’s best to take a good look and see if it’s in need of repairs or time to re-stain it. This Old House explains the process and why each step is important. Have a brick patio? This handy video and article can help you make the necessary repairs. Pro Tip: If you’re repairing, cleaning *and* staining a deck, give yourself enough time to make sure it’s completely clean and dry between each step.
- Check Those Containers: Thanks to a harsh winter, you may have noticed some of your outdoor container plants haven’t bounced back yet. Before you replace them, take a moment to check if they’re still dormant.
- Fresh Appeal: The great thing about refreshing your home’s curb appeal is it doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Quick ways to create curb appeal: use outdoor containers to frame your front door or plant Impatiens along the porch. Wish for some more ideas? Check out this article from Apartment Therapy with 15 curb appeal DIY projects (we love the modern house number idea!).
- Lawn Love: Chances are you’ve already mowed your lawn a few times this spring. If you notice there are some spots that haven’t fully recovered from the winter, here are a few tips to get it back in shape.
- Backyard Ready: Light the (BBQ) fires! Whether your plans include having the neighbors drop by informally or invites were sent out, we found a few articles to help keep gatherings effortless: 16 Backyard Party Tips, 15 Easy Pitcher Cocktails, and 20 BBQ Recipes & Tips
Have a patio or yard care tip that could benefit others? Maybe you have a secret way to get your yard to bounce back after winter? Or you created gorgeous curb appeal on the cheap? We’d love to hear it and share the tips with others!
Hope you enjoy the gorgeous weather this weekend.
Have more questions or want professional advice on buying or selling a home?
Contact us at [email protected] or (503) 926-5213. We’re here to address all your real estate needs!