Janikka Byman is joining our team at Paris Group! To help welcome her, we wanted to feature her in this week's 5 on Friday. Here goes!
1. Why do you enjoy being a Realtor?
I feel honored to be able to help people at such a pivotal time in their life. I love showing people this city, and finding new neighborhoods to explore. There is so much creativity and budding culture here. I've been in Portland and the surrounding area most of my life, and to show newcomers all the beauty and excitement here is always a treat. But - nothing is more rewarding than handing a new homeowner their keys.
2. When you're not showing houses, what do you like to do?
I exercise, I explore. I love live music, spending time with my friends and family, getting out and discovering new things and places, and nurturing my indoor plants.
3. If you were to pick one spot, where would you go out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
Breakfast - Broder Nord
Lunch - Luce on E Burnside
Dinner - Tanuki
4. Our city is changing, but what part of Portland do you hope remains unchanged?
Some things I know won't change, but I would never want to see Forest Park, or our bridges change. Other parts of old Portland that I hold in my heart and would never want to change are Gino's in Sellwood, My Father's Place, the Delta Café.
5. It's going to be 88 on Monday. If you aren't showing houses, where would you like to be?
My life has a lot to do with food and drink, it always has. I recently discovered the Skunk Brothers Spirits Distillery in the Gorge, in tiny Stevenson, WA. There's a great spot next to their parking lot to sit and look out at the river. I imagine that a warm and sunny (non-working) day might include a drive up there, with a driftwood log sit and a tasty beverage.