Happy New Year!
As we put away the holiday decor and reclaim all the space in our living room, and return to our regular schedule, here are five items on our list this month.
1. Home Energy Scores: We shared this update on our Facebook page in December, but definitely wanted to remind you about this new ordnance. Single family home sellers in Portland will now be required to include a Home Energy Report Score when listing. We’ll write more about this and offer examples of scores later this month, but for the time being, please visit the City of Portland’s website for details or give us a call.
2. Rainy Day Activity: Have you visited the Portland Art Museum recently? It’s currently hosting a great exhibit featuring LAIKA, a local film company, that made Kubo & the Two Strings, Coraline, ParaNorman, and Boxtrolls. It’s a great option for a rainy day or if you’re looking for something to do while your home is hosting an open house.
3. Winter Prep: If you haven’t already prepped your home for winter weather and checked off your seasonal maintenance list, now is a great time to get it done before the rain returns.
4. Snow Safety: Should we get more snow (how awesome was that Christmas Eve gift from Mother Nature?!), please remember to clear the sidewalk in front of your house to help your family, friends, and others safely pass by. Rather not shovel? There are a few other options to keep in the garage, like salt, a sand/gravel mixture or clean cat-litter, in case we get more snow.
5. Say “No” to Cabin Fever: There are a lot of events happening this month, like Chinese New Year celebrations and OMSI’s Bourbon & Bacon Fest 2018, as well as plenty of great wet-weather (local) hikes. A few of our favorite calendar resources: Thrillist, Portland Monthly, and Oregon Hikers. If you rather stay cozy while perfecting the art of Hygge, find a great book to enjoy in front of the fireplace (or visit one if needed).
What are your plans this month? Any favorite activities?